Saipan


Advertisement
Northern Mariana Islands' flag
Oceania » Northern Mariana Islands » Saipan
March 1st 2009
Published: March 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Saipan


This is probably the smallest "dot" or "pin" on our entire voyage.

Saipan is 12.5 miles long and 5.5 miles wide.

But, it is also a good example for me that you can learn something new every day, no matter how old you are. Saipan is one of 15 tropical islands here in the western Pacific Ocean which is officially named: The capital of the Ā“United States Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana IslandsĀ”. I didn't know until today that there was another U.S. commonwealth other than Puerto Rico. Saipan is a little oasis of the USA. Cars drive on the right hand side of the road just like they do at home. In the rest of the Pacific and Far East, they drive cars on the left hand side of the road like they do in England. Here, gasoline stations sell their gas by the gallon instead of the litre and most of the stores and shops look just like the ones at home.

This afternoon (Sunday) we sail for Nagasaki, Japan. We will have have three days at sea and arrive there on Thursday, March 5th. Time is flying!!

Much love to all of you. Granddaddy and Granny Lynne



Please click on the links below for the tracking map, the Queen Victoria Bridge webcam and the Queen Victoria tracking map.

Chuck and Lynne's Satellite Tracking Map

Webcam on the Bridge of the Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria GPS Tracking Map




Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb