Day Eighty Four


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's all coming to an end and it's weird. We are both reluctant to keep heading north, but that flight is getting close. We fly out of Auckland the night of the 17th, then we fly out of Los Angeles the night of the 17th, then we arrive at the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport the night of the 17th. I go back to work on the 20th, but I think I was scheduled for less shifts than usual to finish out August, just to make it easier. Jack starts work that Sunday, then I start classes on Wednesday. Jack goes back to Augsburg the week after. He has just been asked by the boss to do full time! He is really excited about it and I know his boss has high hopes for Jack. We want to see as many people as we can squeeze in right when we get home, at least before September when our schedules become much more permanent.

We left Akaroa and wound up all the way in Blenheim by mid-afternoon. We have spent the last two nights here, and at the best time, too. There are at least 30 backpackers here, all working in the vineyards. Most of them don't work weekends, so Jack and I cooked up a giant American BBQ for everyone at Gonzalo's request. We love it here. There are people from all over the world, and the language barriers just add to the fun. Jack learned a few words in Spanish. We are trying to teach him how to roll his "r". I learned how to carry on a conversation in Spanish with the guys that only speak Portuguese. It's amazing how well we could understand each other if you choose your words right. Spanish and Portuguese are pretty similar.

Our ferry boards in less than three hours back to Wellington. I don't know how far north we will get today after we dock, but it should be close to Taupo. Tomorrow..... BUNGY!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



11th August 2008

You
Hey, Be careful with the BUNGEE! I hope you will be in a harness -- not a strap tied to your ankel -- might not be good for someone's knee! Have fun! Can't wait to see you next weekend! Grandpa Bob turns 75 on Saturday August 16th! Do you have any more pictures to add ?? How about of the BBQ ?? Love you, Mom
11th August 2008

"RRRRRRRRRRRR"
i have always wanted to learn portuguese!!! i bet it was soo much fun! did it bring back memories? tell jack i said "reloj" and then tell him i said "arroz con ricardo es muy rico" love you!

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0629s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb