In love with New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand
August 6th 2007
Published: October 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

I fell in love with New Zealand or Land of the Long White Cloud. It is also known as the land of the Kiwis.
This country consists of the North Island and South Island, both of which have a distinct feel about them.
The North island is much more diverse than the South Island. With a strong Maori presence in Northland and a mix of people from all over the world moving continually to NZ, it is a melting pot of cultures. Auckland is home to the famous Sky Tower, All Blacks rugby team, and many cultural activities. Coromandel boasts hot water beach. Napier, Hawke's Bay, and Gisborne are home to some amazing wineries. Wellington has many things to see and do and is where you catch the ferry to the South Island.
On the South Island lies Queenstown. This is a quaint small town that is full of culture but is a great place for the adrenaline junkies. Some of the best snow can be found here and offers numerous slopes throughout the area. Dunedin lies to the far south and it known as "drinking country" to many because of the location of the university. In this city lies countless bars, clubs and pubs that offer some of the best for everyone. This is also home to the Cadbury Factory, Speights Brewery and the University of Otago. As you head further south, the drive through the Caitlin's offers some of the most extraordinary scenery that New Zealand is so famous for. Other exceptional places includes the fjords on the western part of the island as well as the glaciers.
I will keep returning with entries from this location, which is a real wonder to me. I would love to be back there every year, even move in New Zealand, it must be the closest to Heaven as a mortal can get...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb