Fjordland & Milford Sounds (15 nov - 17 nov 2010)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
December 6th 2010
Published: December 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Fjordland is a national park all in the south of the west coast. This is probably one of the most spectacular places in the world to us. We arrived early in the afternoon to the last town called Te Anau were we were going to overnight on a campsite. The weather was really beautiful. We decided to speed up and drive 2 more hours to reach Milford Sounds and join on the last cruise of the day instead of doing it the next day such as planned.

It was a bit stressfull in time management. We could not stop on the road for pictures and were struggling to pass a tourist bus in the mountains but we arrived safely just 5min before the cruise departure and got the best reward ever. The weather was still excellent, only 6 other travellers and saw even dolphins and seals. The captain was telling we were lucky because usually it is raining and he had not seen dolphins since a week!

Indeed, the next day it was raining and we were so happy of our decision!




Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Milford SoundsMilford Sounds
Milford Sounds

The best pic I could take of a dolphin but a proof.
Milford SoundsMilford Sounds
Milford Sounds

Seals on a rock
Te AnauTe Anau
Te Anau

Sunset on Te Anau lake
Te AnauTe Anau
Te Anau

Sunset on Te Anau lake


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb