It's a Down Under Christmas


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
December 23rd 2005
Published: December 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Merry Christmas from the South PoleMerry Christmas from the South PoleMerry Christmas from the South Pole

I think the extreme temp made the photo blurry!
Ron and I would like to wish all our family and friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season. Our Christmas will be spent in Sydney, Australia. The main holiday activity, that we have planned, is the Christmas show at the Sydney Opera House. It is entitled, "Christmas At The House". We will get to hear Australian artists, the Sydney Choral Society, and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra. It should be a great show. We have tenative plans to view the fireworks on the Sydney Harbor Bridge for New Year's Eve. But, that may change if we decide to leave the city after Christmas. Our celebration of the New Year will be 18 hours before the east coast of the U.S. Watch for us, on the telly, on the New Year's Eve shows.

We saw a "Staylian" T-shirt yesterday and wanted to share some local vernacular. On Chrissie morn have a nice brekkie of tea and bikkies. Then enjoy opening your prezzies with the rellies. Later in the day, at the barbie, don't eat too much tucker or drink too many tinnies or you will be wearing your sunnies on Boxing Day.

Our Christmas card to you is the following collection of Holiday photos taken in New Zealand and Australia. So set the mood - get some Christmas bikkies, put some carols on the CD player, and have an Eggnog for us. We think of you often and miss all your smiling faces. More to come in the New Year.

Love, Pam & Ron


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Queenstown DecorationsQueenstown Decorations
Queenstown Decorations

Chamber of Commerce with a Bungy jumping Santa, a wine drinking Santa, a golfing reindeer, and a snow boarding reindeer.
Santas in the windowsSantas in the windows
Santas in the windows

Town of Wanaka, NZ
Santa in LightsSanta in Lights
Santa in Lights

K Mart display in Christchurch
Decorations in The StrandDecorations in The Strand
Decorations in The Strand

Taking a well deserved "cappa" break from all the Christmas shopping.
Reindeer Antler VendorReindeer Antler Vendor
Reindeer Antler Vendor

The reindeer antler hats were being sold as a fund raiser for Cancer research.
Ron at Circular Quay Ron at Circular Quay
Ron at Circular Quay

At this location there are great views of the city, the harbor, the Harbor Bridge, and the Opera House.
Pam at the Opera HousePam at the Opera House
Pam at the Opera House

This was just before the "Christmas At The House" show that we attended. It was very nice and the Opera House was beautifully decorated.
The Harbor BridgeThe Harbor Bridge
The Harbor Bridge

Notice the fireworks preparation on the center of the bridge and the climbers on top of the arches.
The Harbor Bridge all wrapped up for ChristmasThe Harbor Bridge all wrapped up for Christmas
The Harbor Bridge all wrapped up for Christmas

We were going to climb the bridge until we learned that it would cost $150 per person!!


23rd December 2005

Chorale!
Was the Chorale a great chorale or a bad chorale or maybe just an O.K. CHORALE? ha,ha,ha! love, Carl, Abby and Carlea
24th December 2005

Wishes
Dear Pam, I really enjoyed all the cards you sent! I have been enjoying your travels and would like to extend my warmest wishes to you and Ron for the holidays. Peace and love, Mel.
31st December 2005

Happy New Year
Wonderful pictures. I just saw them. I love what they do with Santa. Those folks must have a great sense of humor. We miss you much. I'll email ASAP Love you . Hug Ron for me. Dorothy
17th January 2014
Street Artist painting The Last Supper

Please reply
Does anyone have details or know the name or how i can get in contact with this street Artisit in sydney in the above photo who did Tha Last Supper please?

Tot: 0.498s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 32; qc: 146; dbt: 0.2006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb