New Zealand (South Island)


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
July 12th 2008
Published: July 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Remember us, Thought so

I know its been a while and we have no excuse so you are not getting one.

The south island was much the same as the North, lots of drinking partying and meeting some even cooler people. the only difference was EXTREME SPORTS.
Our first stop was Wellington which is quite a big city and quite Boring really, our only highlight was the hostel room that we managed to wangle. Huge double bed, awesome bathroom and the most amazing balcony that looked out over Wellington Harbour.

Next was a little town called Nelson which i absolutely loved, weather was sweet and had quite a decent nightlife but the main reason was that the hotel was owned by an irish couple and they sold a mean pint of Guiness and also did a sunday roast, what more could a fat man ask for.

We then headed to a place called Mahinapua which is an absolute Shit hole with one small Pub we stayed at which was owned by a seventy year old sexist -racist yet extremely funny Kiwi Dude. the only good part is that this is the place they have the dress up party, the theme was girls in bags and boys in drag and it was an amazing night. I was an old fat chick just out the shower and Karen was a Fairy.

Franz Josef was our next stop which is home to an amazing Glacier and is also the place where me and Karen decided to throw ourselves out of a perfectly good airplane, Thats right Big B went Sky diving and it was Sweeeeeet. We both got crammed into this tiny airplane and soon enough we were flying over this Glacier and a snow capped mount Cook. Then they just opened the door and some dude with my Karen stuck to the front of him decided to make a sharp exit(you should see my face in the video).
then it was my turn, we shuffled to the open door hung our legs out and then just fell out a plane at 12000 feet and the only way to describe the next 45 seconds is to say that the feeling could only be topped by scoring a hat trick against Rangers in the Champions league final.

We made a few more stops along the way before arriving into Queenstown which is just one big party.
I managed to get myself kicked out the busiest bar, not once but twice in three days.
This is also the spot where the adrenalin sports junkies AKA Karen & Brendon decided to do Bungee Jumping which I did not like but our Karen absolutely loved it. I was to scared to jump myself so i got strapped to our bus driver and he kind of just through us off the bridge, well scary. Karen did the most gracefull dive you have ever seen unlike my Fatman Flop.
Our Final stop was Christchurch where we just kind of chilled for a few days shopping and eating nice food before heading for OZ.

Stay cool my special friends

Advertisement



1st August 2008

whitever
aye blah blah blah, New Zealand, bungee, skydiving, when are you coming back, I need a hairdo in September! only kidding, just jealous, hope you're last few weeks are fab x

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb