It's raining and I can't get the photos to show


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
February 15th 2008
Published: February 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

First off, it's raining. It's been raining for days and that's just not good enough, so I've been drinking lots of coffee and going to the pictures. Before holing up here in Dunedin, it was mainly sunny and lots of good stuff in Wanaka, dismal Queenstown, great gravel road through the hills, dolphins and mountains at Milford Sound and down along the south coast. Tuatapere offered the worst fush n chups yet, but compensated by being self-proclaimed sausage capital of the world and fooling the foolish that a wooden path led into a painted landscape. Stunning. A cafe in Wannaka had Humpty from Play School, who I'd not seen for a while and seemed quite well. No sign of Big Ted, Little Ted or Jemima. I suspect they've grown up and left, possibly with Floella Benjamin. Oh and I met an anal Israeli who looked perplexed when I said 'war's brilliant!' watching Tom Cruise mash up Japanese in his little Samurai kit and pronounced, 'You've never been in a war,' before his own joke to a nice Japanese girl about how America taught them a thing or two in WW2. Blah blah, still raining, coffee gone, must find more. Go now.
Oh, one more thing. I'm becoming a beardy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0155s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb