Queenstown day 2


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island
October 31st 2017
Published: October 31st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Hope you’ve all recovered from yesterday’s excitement. Don’t worry nothing x rated today. After a lazier start to the day we drove to a little town about 15 miles down the road called Arrowtown. Bingo.....my first fabric shop in NZ. Well it didn’t disappoint. Could have spent all day in there .Decided I had to buy something as it would be rude not to lol This town was a gold mining town many years ago. It is such a quaint old fashioned place. Again everywhere we went was so pretty especially the area we stopped for lunch.

Today has been another glorious day weather wise. After tomorrow though we’ve been warned it’s due to change. I hope not. In the village was the site of the old Chinese migrant gold mining settlement. They really had a tough life. Miles away from home,lonely and not well accepted for a long time by the locals.1 in 7 never made it home.we also visited a museum with reconstructed shops and rooms showing how things were at that time. Very well done and really interesting.

We couldn’t come to Queenstown and not go into town so down we ventured. It is so geared up for the young fit people who want an adrenaline rush with bungy jumping and various other energetic activities. Not really our favourite place. It’s quite attractive with beautiful views of the lake and mountains but not a place for the over 40’s

Pat was feeling very generous and took me to another fabric shop which to my dismay was no longer there. I actually caught him by the trussocks you will see in my first photo ( no, it’s not rude this time ) trussocks are spiky clumps of grass ha ha.

off to Franz Joseph tomorrow the longest drive of our trip approximately 5 hours


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

99F6F938-E97F-47D1-A1AC-3E685C8276F8.99F6F938-E97F-47D1-A1AC-3E685C8276F8.
99F6F938-E97F-47D1-A1AC-3E685C8276F8.

Chinese gold miners house


31st October 2017

Photos
Love the photos. Sorry to hear about your car ? Mum keeps trying to reply to you and then gets angry with herself when it’s returned ‘undeliverable ‘. I’ll help her again on Saturday.

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0156s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb