We're in the south!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Westport
January 22nd 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well after the worst nights sleep yet (the hostel bunk bed had no clean top sheet so I had to sleep with my bath towel over me) we set off and head for the ferry.

It takes 3 hours to get from Wellington in the North Island to Picton in the South Island, it started off sunny but then an hour in it started to rain, not a good sign!

When we arrived in Picton it was absolutley throwing it down, so after first visiting the info centre for some maps we headed to the supermarket to stock up on food.

After an interesting lunch on the Supermarket Carpark (not the most scenic view but there was no where else to go that was inside) we started on our Journey.

As we were not that bothered about the very top of the island (Abel Tasman and Nelson) we headed straight across to the East Coast and the town of Westport as the guides told us there was a Seal Coloney you could visit near here.

After a 5 hour drive we arrived and after finding a nice Hostel called The Trip Inn (a bit dated but
Re-united againRe-united againRe-united again

Us and Lucy, what a team
it was clean and had fresh linen - yeah!) we cooked our tea consisting of Supernoodles and Cheese, had a beer then settled in the big sofa to watch Shallow Al, it's just like being at home!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0892s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb