Thrill seekers


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » West Coast
July 16th 2007
Published: July 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

New Zealand's tourist attractions are full of advertising aimed at 'thrill seekers'. As if the place isn't beautiful enough for people to want to visit it, you need a bungy jump here and a jet boat there. So all these adverts show oh-so-rugged young things going off the beaten track for their adrenalin-boosting activities.

Oh yeah I'm so impressed. Not. There they all go, traipsing sheep-like off the 'off-the-beaten-track' coach taking them to the next thing on their list.

I'll tell you about adrenalin. Get a family of five out of bed in a freezing youth hostel at 6.00am to get on a bus, to get to the station, changing a load of sick-covered clothes for the second time that day in the overcrowded concourse before you can find a place on the train.

Still, it was rather a nice train ride - i.e. four hours of beauty to compare with any train ride in the world, through snowy mountains and steep gorges.

However, some of us like hanging over gorges for our thrills too, so here's what the did a Buller Gorge.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb