New Zealand day 3


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Timaru
January 25th 2015
Published: January 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, we left Singapore at 1100 on Thursday and three flights later arrived in Christchurch at 1800 on Friday. One night in a hotel to catch up on our sleep and we then collected the campervan on Saturday morning. Although easy to drive we decided to travel a minimal distance to Akaroa. First off was a visit to a local supermarket - Speights beer, New Zealand shiraz and some pink stuff for Lyn, and some food as well. The drive took longer than expected due to the many stops to admire the view. When we arrived at the campsite we spent some time unpacking and getting the van into shape. Dave then cooked some bangers and burgers on the barbeque. Before dark we walked into Akaroa which is an old French settlement with lots of character. We were admiring one old house with lots of recycled objects including a gent's urinal being used as planters. The lady of the house an aging hippy saw us and invited us to add our names to the hundreds of previous admirers in marker pen on her lounge wall.

A good nights sleep in the van, porridge cooked on the bbq for breakfast and off we go. I am writing this sat in the van at Timaru having just paddled in the South Pacific.

We intend to travel a little further down the east coast before making camp for the night. Speak again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0833s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb