A Very Merry Christmas Uncard...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Timaru
December 24th 2008
Published: December 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our Christmas TreeOur Christmas TreeOur Christmas Tree

We decided to put up the tree, at Mark's insistance, despite not having two of the three boys home. It does add a cheery atmosphere to the house, and reminds us of what Christmas is really about...
We haven't been in the habit of creating a Christmas letter and sending it and cards out to friends...not because we don't love and miss our friends and family, but because we just haven't gotten into the habit of it. I did, on this Christmas, want to pass along our warmest wishes to all of you reading this, and our prayer that the Lord will pour His Blessings out on you and yours during this season and throughout the year. Our family had our real Christmas at Thanksgiving when all three of our sons were here for not only the holiday, but for the TV version of the CU-Nebraska game and my official last day at work.

I received a link to a great video of a light display that I think you will enjoy: http://www.noniusers.com/2008.html

By the way, I went on Google Maps last night and was able to "drive down the street" of the hospital in Timaru ( corner of High and Queen) and drive past our house...couldn't see it, but saw the driveway and the house of Robin the ER doc that is right next to it. 47A James Street.

Merry Christmas to all, and
DecorationsDecorationsDecorations

We tend to the white light venue for most of out decoration. It is especially beautiful as the evening gets darker, and they are the only lights on in the house.
to all a good night!!! We are off to the Christmas Eve service at church.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Let the packing begin...Let the packing begin...
Let the packing begin...

Trying to decide how much and what to take isn't so hard for a week or two, but for six months, it is very difficult.
My first bag...My first bag...
My first bag...

Weighing in at 46 pounds, is my first of two bags. We are allowed two checked bags since these are international flights. Total allowance is 100 pounds...plus carry ons of course.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb