FERGBERGER lovers! Back in Auckland but reflecting on the last night in Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
October 11th 2006
Published: October 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hope you like this blog guys, we went to the coolest bar last night..literally. Its called Minus Five and is completely made of ice apart from the ceiling and floor, it was madness,when we entered it was - 6.7. You get given jackets (absolute vodka ones) ug boots and gloves...yay! You can only stay in 30 mins as you literally freexe. Its a vodka bar and has the capacity of 25 people. It was $22.50 to enter and that included one free vodka cocktail, which was yummy, Steve had the arctic monkey and I had the Polar Blair, made up by the barman Blair, see the picture. Queenstown is so cool! Sorry had to get that in again hee hee! Its made by a guy in Auckland that comes once a month to rescuplture and design more cool stuff. We really enjoyed it and is a must do for anyone visiting Queenstown. And Katie/Peds/Derick whatever your name is.......WE WENT TO FERGBERGER last night. For those who dont know who Peds is, she is my gorge housemate from Uni, who went travelling last year, she said it was a must in Queenstown ! and was called Fergberger, obviosuly thats all she gave me, not mentioning if it was a bar,club, eatery,brothel.......but we found it, it was a posh Mc Donalds basically. BUT THE BEST BURGERS EVER, we had to have one, they were massive with so many choices to choose from, we spoke to someone in minus five who said there are recommendations for FERGBERGER all over the world to go to this one place in Queenstown. So travellers make sure you go..and thanks Peds, I now cant eat for a week!

So that was our last night and we flew back to Auckland today and we are flying to Oz tomorrow, so bye bye NZ, it was a fantastic journey that we will never forget, but somewhere we know we will return. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE..TRULY.

PS....Make sure you havent missed the glaciers prior to this blog!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



11th October 2006

Thanks
Thanks for calling last night. I had told Kate that she was going to be getting a surprise at 10.00.... But you were late in calling so i had to tell her what was happening and give the surprise away!! But it was really good to hear from you both and you both sound really well. Kate forgot to tell you that we have adopted a 13 yr old cat called Muji... Good luck on your travels from NZ and i shall look forward to you next blog.
13th October 2006

My kind of bar
With my love for alcohol I think I'd stay in there a little longer than the recommened time. You guys sound if you're having a great time. Hope you continue to do so it is a great adventure. Julesy

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0736s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb