On the Yellow Brick Road, with a Detour to Middle Earth


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
May 25th 2014
Published: May 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

LAX toastLAX toastLAX toast

After 4.5 hours of travel just to get this far, here's to surviving another grueling 24 hours in transit!
We're off to Oz, with a few days detour in Queenstown, New Zealand... Refuse to get bogged down in blogging this trip, so will format using "good thing/bad thing" for each day, which faithful blog readers will remember from our Italy trip last fall. Oh, and I promise there will be lots of photos!

Day 1/2: May 23 (and the ghost of May 24)

Sharon: Good Thing-- Binge-watching Orange Is the New Black on individual screen during flight and surprisingly good airplane coffee (though not served often enough for my needs).

Bad Thing: Spilling red wine ALL over myself while trying to shift my legs in the smallest area of leg room and narrowest seat I've ever experienced!

Dave: Good Thing: Lots of viewing selections on the plane, and Ambien!!

Bad Thing: Sitting in VERY cramped airplane seats for an extra hour and a half due to take-off delay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

View out the window while we wait...View out the window while we wait...
View out the window while we wait...

1 1/2 hour delay to wait for more fuel since we had a heavier cargo load than expected--seriously?
Brilliant marketingBrilliant marketing
Brilliant marketing

In a coup by Air New Zealand, they got the Sports Illustrated swimsuit models to make the safety video, filmed, of course, on a tropical New Zealand beach, guaranteeing the rapt attention of at least 50% of the passenger demographic!


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb