Out in the South Tasman Sea


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
April 11th 2014
Published: April 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

another lab in queenstown?another lab in queenstown?another lab in queenstown?

is somebody trying to tell me something?
took the Real Journeys Doubtful sound day trip. picked up at hotel to first stop where we are supposed to meet Mary. No MARY!!! apparently the office gave her the wrong location for pickup, but Real journeys put her on a cab and she arrived!!! The bus driver as he was telling us, said "well we have to wait for Mary, not her fault, they told her the wrong place" oh boy oh boy, i thought what will i do if we loose Mary!! Mary arrived, flip flops and all, i am in my 3 layers! she is acclimating to this country well. To the Reillys, she has the adventuresome spirit. The trip was a 2 hour bus to Manapouri lake, on a catamaran for 45 mins, a bus trip to the underground power station and then another bus trip through the mountains to the final boat for 3 hours out the sound to tasman Sea. The weather was truly spectacular, sunny, warm, no rain. #AWESOME. the only boat in the sound, so very private, compared to Milford which Mary has already done, she said they didn't go out to Tasman, so we were pretty happy the seas were calm to do that. Saw albatross on the Sea, and Penguins in the sounds. Truly unforgettable trip. Then we had to do the same return trip back to Queenstown, but Mary got some sleep and great sunset pics behind the mountains. Arrived at hotel, ate some dinner and put Mary on the water taxi back to Queenstown. So happy to have spent this time with our niece, you know I don't see them often, so it was #QUITESPECIAL Thank you God for this great trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

New Zealand Power StationNew Zealand Power Station
New Zealand Power Station

powered by the doubtful sound,took 8 yrs to build and carve out of mountain and under lake!
sunset over the mountains sunset over the mountains
sunset over the mountains

heading back to queenstown


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1019.2kb