Working hills and gathering moss


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
June 1st 2006
Published: June 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Gathering mossGathering mossGathering moss

marc collapses after workies avec cat
Well, i hear you all cry what becomes of those two intrepid explorers who havent blogged for a while. As is the case at the moment work if you can get it, and not much at all if you cant. I'm still busying myself cleaning and liqour kinging (aren't i always) and slowly but surely getting funds rolling into the bank. I have however handed in my notice and will work up untill the end of June, before enjoying the Winter festival that comes to QTNZ (lots of activities and parties from what we can gather) and moving onto wellington. Not before time too i think, as although Queenstown is a nice place to come to, if you're working and not doing any of the spine tingling activities (i've done none even after 2 months - boo money) its very small and limiting. Work at the hostel is all very similar although i did get to sand down a bathroom and look like an extra from a sci-fi film the other day (see pic)

Since finishing her jobs (and thus activitous days off) claire too seems to have had enough and is also looking to move on and as you
A fat cat and a claireA fat cat and a claireA fat cat and a claire

we feel moss needs a diet
can see now spends her time gathering moss (thats the hostel cat).

We did find time for a long overdue claire and marc combined activity (or just activity for me) and went out to the nearby village of Arrowtown and it's quaint little Chinnese settlement from the gold mining days. i must say it cant be described as the highlight of the trip, but it was nice to do something together and we managed to find typical marc and claire humour in even the most humble of tourist attractions. Also we went to a pub and had Ruddles Country and Speckled Hen beer (mmmmm) which although being lovely , also made us slightly home sick for Whitefriars in Coventry and its glorious selection of cask ales.

So, we're both still well and still trying to work out how on earth to get home and where to go in the prosess. its a hard life living in paradise sometimes.

marc
xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

sanding awaysanding away
sanding away

a welcome change from making beds
Times are hardTimes are hard
Times are hard

Trying to get into the fierce Queenstown property game. One has to start low.
Real estateReal estate
Real estate

hoorah for your team
FoodFood
Food

As acting chef that day we utilised fresh salmon found in one of the hostels fridges. luckily marc + guesswork = result


1st June 2006

Fat cat
What a fat cat! Love the photos, counting the days now!Lots of speckled hen here for you when you get back.(also pedigree, hobgoblin, Adnams, etc) A can of hobgoblin is just being opened now. Love to you both x
6th June 2006

Not if we get there first!

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 87; dbt: 0.1143s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb