A Town Fit For A Queen...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 8th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Queenstown is both the adventure capital, and party capital of New Zealand, and is also home to officially the best burger in the world...the Fergburger. Because of this, we decided to stay for 7 nights, as we have a lot of time on our hands before we have to be in Christchurch for the 23rd dec. Unfortunately this blog is gonna be pretty dull for everyone else, but safe to say for us, Queenstown has been one of the best place we have visited so far! This is because our days have pretty much involved the following...

Noon - waking up with a monstrous hangover
2pm - still lying in bed trying to get up
3pm - lazing in the hot tub or watching a movie
5pm - eating dinner
7pm - start playing drinking games
11pm - head out for 2-4-1 drinks and to a club
4am - scoffing our faces with a fergburger as we head home

This has been our basic lifestyle for the last 7 days, although we have managed to fit in at least some activities. On Thursday Ryan finally decided to jump the Nevis bungee. 134m of sheer adrenaline, pumping freefall and a shit facebook status.

On Friday, a group of us all went and got the skyline to the top of Queenstown’s highest point before racing down the other side of luges. We managed to have 5 races, nearly all involving crashes as we tried to ram each other of the track. The crashes weren’t only down to dirty tactics, Dan’s incompetence was also a major factor as again and again he spun his luge into the path of someone else. Bloodied and bruised we walked back home, all of us knowing that we had achieved our main goal... making sure Ryan didn’t win. (Cue Ryan moaning how unlucky he was)

We also fitted in a game of frisbee golf into our hectic lifestyles, and although the wind tried its best to make us look amateur, we managed to complete the course with the cheating Irish man Paul winning by one shot from me, after moving 3 steps closer to the flag with his last shot when me and him were neck and neck. Much like France v Ireland and Henry’s handball, this is going to rumble on and on, but ironically the Irishman didn’t want a replay this time.

The last thing to really note about Queenstown is the world famous fergburger. This started with a man, lets call him ferg, selling burgers from a bbq that were so popular it managed to put the burger king in Queenstown out of business. Well today, eating fergburgers are more of a hobby than a meal, and after 3 or 4, we can safely say that these burgers are the best we have ever tasted. Due to their sheer size, these burgers separate the men from the boys and unfortunately there were a few casualties on the way. Most notably our Boris Johnson looking Icelandic friend, siggy, failing to finish a single burger where as his girlfriend kamilla, who is half the size of him, absolutely destroying hers.

And thats about it for queenstown, we promise to try and be more active over the next few days as we slowly detox from our week of binge drinking.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1020.1kb