Tour of Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 21st 2009
Published: March 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Had a late get up this morning, the weather was a little better than yesterday but it was still over cast raining off and on. Nick booked an afternoon off road motor biking for the following day (deciding that downhill mountain biking might be too dangerous given his lack of experience) We decided to do a tour of Queenstown. We first walked to the Botanical gardens which had a Frisbee course (like a golf course with fairways, rings and nets rather then holes) Walked through the memorial gardens taking time to look at the heroic locals. We then visited Queenstown Lake underwater world, which was a submerged fish tank but we were inside the tank looking out at the fish and ducks. Putting $2 in the machine released food which the ducks, eels and fish went mad for. Met the girls for lunch who had been out partying till 4am after telling us they were no going out! Next up was a visit to Bird World for Nicks first Kiwi sighting, the cute nocturnal chicken type bird was in a special hut replacing day with night and visa versa. There was a conservation show, we were treated to a number of displays by birds, one of which took a $5 note from Rebecca and even returned it. We got up and close to a Tuatara one of NZs rarest animals dating back to dinosaurs and had 3 eyes!! After walking around the park we headed back the Kiwis to watch them feeding with their long beak. We then walking further away from the lake to jump on a gondola for views of the town and a token comb over…………………. We finished the day with a glass of fizzy (only $3!!!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb