Extreme sports in spite of the bad weather


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 23rd 2009
Published: February 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The tripso far


David the intrepidDavid the intrepidDavid the intrepid

here he goes
Feb 23rd
We stayed for a couple of nights at Wanaka - a lively town which is a ski resort in winter so has lots of bars etc. We hoped the rain would stop - it did intermittently, long enough for us to do a walk up a mountain. This area was used a lot in the Lord of the Rings filming- and there are lots of views which you could imagine being used - our walk was classified as “rugged country south of Isengard.”
We had a good day of Skypeing - a lovely chat with Matt , Soph ,Mani & Cassie. - A short chat with Jonathan - but the signal failed, then Jean & Alan in the evening. It seems so incredible to be sitting in a van in a field in NZ talking and seeing, in real time, family for a chat. How wonderful is this technology??? It is great to have messages via the blog - lovely for us to know you people are out there and seeing what we are doing. Thanks to everyone.
Big News of the day today is David the Bungy Jumper!!! We stopped to watch the jumpers at Kawarau Bridge and
SwingingSwingingSwinging

Boing boing ad up again
Himself decided he was going to have a go. I checked that he had taken his Blood pressure tablets and that I had the credit cards and the keys to Hector and off he went!
David: It was a fantastic feeling, the wind going past you as you fall, but no feeling of falling as such. The excitement of the bouncing around at the end was great without the shock that I was expecting of being pulled at the end of a big elastic band. All too short - I want to do a longer one now! I’ve got the T shirt and certificate to prove I’ve done it.

Alan says you can view the pictures as a slide show - I have found you can click on them to enlarge and see them in all their glory. David is a bit miffed as it credits Lynne as the photographer with the fancy Canon camera- he would like it known that some of the pictures were taken by him!!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

fished outfished out
fished out

they caught him!


23rd February 2009

Wonderful
really really quite jealous
23rd February 2009

Indiana Jones
Go for it, David! Or is that a stunt man? I reckon you'd give Harrison Ford a run for his money in the next Indiana Jones movie! Hope you're having a FABULOUS time! x
24th February 2009

WOW
Thanks for the blog updates, it's great to see what you're doing. I can't believe Dad is a bungy jumper! I hope the weather clears for you soon. love dan. x
25th February 2009

Never knew the mints came from New Zealand!

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb