More from DJ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 20th 2008
Published: December 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Note from Ian - sorry that these blogs are a bit all over the place but we're all kind of at different parts

15/12/08:
Wow! The 2nd page! Today, we were the James family version of Top Gear as we drove through Arthur's Pass, and drove through countless villages, shouting “Sheep!”......................OK it wasn't all like that, but we were driving for most of the day, so maybe this post will be short......or not, so lets start with explaining the views.................amazing! Well, i would say that if there hadn't been so much fog and low-cloud. Although there was a highlight in the mountains...............Keas. Keas, not keys from a car, but Keas. They are New Zealand's parrots, furry little funny things. Once again, i am saying that there MIGHT be a picture of Mark with a Kea, or a Kea on its own, but anyway, they were brilliant! It was really funny when a Kea dared to go on somebody's van roof, whilst the car was reversing. I thought it was going to fall off, but it managed to stay on until it hopped off when it reached the entrance. If you can put videos on a blog site, i do not know, but if so, it MIGHT be on there. Typical, another might.

Also, we went to Cafe de Paris..........There is a apostrophe thingy somewhere in it, but i can't remember where. Anyway, we had dinner there, and it was quite posh, so it was a posh dinner I suppose. I had a kind of pasta carbonara thing, but if there is anyone out there who doesn't know what a pasta carbonara is, ask my dad. It was very nice, but I didn't have much salad because it had very strong salad cream on it. For pudding, I had chocolate sundae, which was nice as well. Also, in the middle of waitng, we played the chain game. If you don't know what the chain game is, ask my dad (I think my dad is going to be mobbed by people who want to know what something is) . Anyway, i've written TWO paragraphs, HALF A PAGE LONG, so i should be saying bye, so i'm going to say............i'm staying!!!....................OK now i'm going, bye.

18/12/08:
Obviously not the same as last time, but we were driving again lots of the day...................but I'm going to tell you about the exiting things, but first.......only joking! First of all, it obviously the driving...but then we came across this awesome place called Bruce Bay! What a legendary name! We were climbing down these rocks, and then me and Mark decided to walk up to the waves, then sprint as fast as we could whilst the waves crashed down. In the end Mark's boxers shorts got splashed, and I was dry! So then we peeled off this shiny stuff off the rocks. We didn't know what it was. When we were about to leave, Mark found some fools gold! It was very crumbly. Anyway, we were driving when we spotted a beach called Harst. It was extremely windy, so the sand was making scratchs on our legs. Mum and Dad had a nice snooze near the thich grass, whilst me and Mark started swordfighting with sticks......I kept hitting Mark's thumb...and then I made a big bump on his head........errrmm........Change the subject, well, not totally, but then we joined up and collected look-alike-weapons and lay them out, but then he got pay-back and broke my 2h (short for 2 handed) sword...Then we journeyed on and went to this five minute walk path, which wasn't five minutes but one minute. Also, there was a fast river and we tried to skim stones, and sometimes succeeded...But it was fun. Then we arrived at Wanaka. There was a brilliant hostel we went to. Then we went to a restaurant called Relishes. Then we played a game of Table Tennis. I'm sorry this is very breif, because I have run out of page. I can just say the food was good and the Table tennis was fun! Sorry! Bye.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb