Change of plans


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
August 7th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jason: Right. Some of you already know because of various texts, but we are thinking that we may come back a little earlier than planned. Now this in no way has anything to do with lack of money or homesickness or medical conditions OR trouble with any local law enforcements. We are simply arriving in Christchurch several days earlier than planned, and having completed most activities that we set out to do, there isn't much left to fill our time. We will be spending 6 days in Christchurch and i think you will agree that after a couple of days we will be going a little stir crazy just hanging around waiting for the day our flight leaves. So as a compromise we have decided to get in contact with air new zealand and request an earlier flight (we are aiming for wednesday/thursday next week) That said, nothing is guaranteed, it all rests on what the airline say. So we will have to see.

Elliott: Just briefly, I know you're all now thinking "why spend six days waiting? go somewhere else!". But we need to be in Christchurch the latest Thursday 14th as we've got to give the Merc back on Friday. Which leaves us still with four days in Christchurch waiting. And the two days aren't enough to do anything other then just drive to a city and then head back to Christchurch. Trust us, we've been map and time watching since we arrived in the South.

Jason:We are still doing things up til then anyway, for instance, we are going on a lord of the rings tour this afternoon and then tomorrow we are driving to Dunedin to spend a day there before heading up to Christchurch. We aren't cutting anythin out its we've moved quicker than expected and done things quicker too. And Deena, i know you are worried we are going to regret leaving early but like Elliott said, we will be sitting around most of the time waiting. Trust us, we are ending it on a high note, we don't want to ruin it by having a crappy end to a great 3 and a half weeks here.

On that note we are going to get back to it, phone the airline and such. Please don't worry i know you are still going to think we will regret it or that we have run out of money, but basically you're wrong. Will keep you all informed of any changes. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Elliott: See ya laters people, cheers for not questionning the decision mum, knew you'd understand our reasoning :D

Advertisement



8th August 2008

sound's like a plan to me .....
Morning boy's hope you enjoyed the lord of the rings tour, please DO NOT bring home any hobbit's you can't house train them......As i have said on the text in the last few day's I know you have a great time , maybe just maybe it's time to come home ...But if you stay to the end you could always go though your pic's , that should take up a few day's lol...just let me know what where and when . Just to say jason watch which pic's you load up some you look like munch out of two pint's of lager....Don't laugh malone you've got a bit of village people going on ! [god that's better been waiting to say that for day's , bloody work ! ] glad your both ok post soon miss you loads x
8th August 2008

Hello!!
Hiya, Hope you are having lots of fun in New Zealand-It certainly sounds like it!! Have a safe journey back Bethan
8th August 2008

Ey up
Whenever you come back, don't forget my present!!
9th August 2008

get ure ass bak here!
Screw all this 'experiance of a lifetime' dribble people keep talkin about get bak here and fix my computer! :)
10th August 2008

ahoy!
Alright guys, hope you have resolved all your travel issues...(and/or law enforcement problems ;) hehe) hope to catch up soon - your pics look amazing! (loving claires comment - nice to see somethings dont change! haha) take it easy :)

Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb