Down to the South Island!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
March 6th 2008
Published: March 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Jutty's Bungeeeeeee 29 secs
We flew in to Auckland from Queenstown - A very interesting flight in through the dramatic mountains. Queenstown reminds us very much of a ski resort and so, Justin obviously loved it there. We took an apparant 1/2 hour walk which was actually 2 hours and took us to the top of the mountain. We took the gondola back down.

On Sunday morning, Justin, Evan and Jon trotted off to do the 134 metre Nevis bungee jump which is basically in the middle of the canyon on a cable car! Justin had to go first and was a very brave/insane boy. Needless to say I stayed in bed! They came back buzzing from the experience and fair play to them - there is NO way you'd get me doing that!

On Monday we were up early to go and do the skydive - We were obviously disappointed that we didnt get to do it in Taupo I was delighted/ sh*t scared when I looked out of the window to be greeted by clear blue skies and perfect sunshine! So, after signing our lives away it was such a speedy experience - suited and geared up and then straight into the little plane. At 4,000 feet I suddenly realised what the hell I was doing, especially as there was another 11,000 feet to climb and the houses were already little dots. It was THE STRANGEST & SURREAL experience of my life to date. You dont really get that nervous as it your brain doesnt really believe that you are about to throw yourself out of the plane so I didnt even really get the heart pounding thing. After the initial "Oh bugger!", you start to relax and enjoy the views which were just amazing - even snow on the tops of the mountains - you could see for miles. I think we had over a minute of free fall which basically means you are hurtling toward the ground at 200 km/hr - all pretty normal, eh?

Our friends Shane, Matilda, Sara, John, Evan and his parents joined us in Queenstown where we had an official birthday bash for Jutty which involved drinking out of teapots in a very English manner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

The view down from the bungee
QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

Pre sky dive - oh bugger!
QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

Tea anyone?


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb