Day 2 & 3 - Queenstown, NZ


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 11th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 2
Today we arrived in NZ around 7am. Moe's new best friend (nothing personal Ves and Gill) is Tylenol PM. I actually slept on the the plane. Although the seats on the upper deck of the plane were quite comfy with fleece blankets and other goodies, the meds helped and kept Alex sane!! The free champagne was great too, Cali I had 1 for you. Once we got through customs and biosecurity we hoped another plane to the South Island. Queenstown is great with a lot of hiking right in town. We kept ourselves awake with a 4 hour hike on 1 mile creek and to the top where there is a gondola ride (we didn't do it CF's, we came down on foot) and a cool wheel luge, which we also didn't do because our jet lag started to hit part way up the mtn.

Once we got down we cleaned up and headed to dinner where our waitress was from Saratoga Springs and former skater, didn't know her though, but she took from Wayne. The people behind us were friends with people from Lebanon, NH....small world. Anyway, the food is great, a bit pricey we saw a grilled chix salad for $27, needless to say we didn't eat there.

Day 3
Today was awesome....we woke up early and went Canyoning with a local touring group. There were 10 of us on the trip form Poland, France, Belgium, Brazil and Canada. We zip lined, rappelled, and cliff jumped. We also had to self rappel off a zip line for about 80 feet. Moe did a 18 feet cliff jump and Alex did a 30ft. one. It was great, but a little chilly. We have great pics. Now we are blogging and headed to dinner again. Tomorrow is a trip to Milford Sound/Fiordland, which is where they filmed Lord of the Rings. It should be great scenery!!

We hope those of you reading this are enjoying and miss you all tons!!

love....moe & alex


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



11th February 2008

Awesome!
Looks like you are off to a wonderful start... Have fun and be safe!
15th February 2008

"Mommy. ohhh Aunt Moe"
Every time I look at the pictures of Aunt Moe I say "Mommy's in a waterfall, I wanna be in waterfall too." Then Mommy says, "That's Aunt Moe in the waterfall on her Honeymoon with Uncle Alex." And she says, "ohhhh, Aunt Moe's in the waterfall, I wanna be in the waterfall too."

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb