Luging Down the Mountain - woo hoo!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
January 27th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ooooohhhhhh how nice it is to have a lie in!

The beds here are so comfy and apart from the lad who was staying in our dorm last night and snored louder than my dad (I honestly woke up at one point and thought I was back home!) it was one of the best nights sleep so far here in the South Island.

As we are here for 2 more days, we've decided to use Queenstown to regenerate and chill so at 10.30am we rose to get ready, make sandwiches and head for the main attraction here - the Gondala ride to the top of the mountain here in the town and luge!!

The views are amazing and when we get to the top we find that they have even set up a bungy site here - quite interesting to watch the people jump!

We have a wander then take the ski lift up to the luge track - basically they are a bit like go-karts, or better still a sledge on wheels!

It's sooooo much fun - can see why people want to do it over and over again!

After lunch of home made roast beef sandwiches (yum yum) resisted the temptation of the gift shop (got to watch the pennies now) and headed back down.

We've done a bit of blogging to try and catch up (sorry for the wait guys - not many internet places over here let you upload pictures and the ones that do are really expensive!) and then went back to the hostel to getready for our
Big Night Out.

After a rushed tea of omlette sandwiches we had a few cheeky glasses of wine then went to the Buffalo Bar where we can get 2 for 1 drinks with our hostel key - cool!

It was pretty dead so after checking out the other backpacker haunt (Winnies, was dead aswell) we headed to the Base Hostel Bar Altitude.

After some really funky dancing and putting a man to shame (he was proper break dancing so I got up there and showed him how it was really done - by lying down on the floor and getting Di to spin me around by my legs - think he was impressed!) we got talking to a girl from Macclesfield who was on the Kiwi Experience bus and the drivers aswell.

As the bar closed at 1/2ish (really can't remember) we joined in with the Kiwi Experience group and went to the World Bar - good job we were with the drivers as they wouldn't going to let us in!

The speciality here is a cocktail served in a teapot - one of the drivers bought 2 teapots and we had a go. It didn't taste that strong but strangley enough when we went dancing about 20 minutes later it got even funkier so know the teapots must have worked!

After booging away, this bar closed as well so again we followed the drivers in the now to a very dingy bar called Titters - lets just say they certainly liked their RnB in there!
After another glass of wine we decided enough was enough so we started the long wobble back to our hostel.

Was a really good night, always a good sign when you can't remember the walk back and we only spent 16 dollars (6 pounds) - BARGAIN!

Now, will we have hangovers in the morning . . . .


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Bungy!Bungy!
Bungy!

The bungy tower at the top
In my LugeIn my Luge
In my Luge

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Another Northerner!Another Northerner!
Another Northerner!

We do get around a bit


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb