Nights out in Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
September 21st 2007
Published: October 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Teapot CocktailsTeapot CocktailsTeapot Cocktails

Becky, Sam & I
We’d had a pretty early start today with the Milford Sound trip, but we still decided to hit the town tonight as we had no plans for next few days, so it was time to take advantage of this party town. As part of our snowboarding packs we had vouchers for the casinos for free chips and drinks. So after a few in the hostel we headed to the two casinos in town. I managed to win $20 in the first one without using any of my own money just free chips and then proceeded to do the same in the next casino. Awesome, that was the rest of the night paid for. Then it was off to World Bar, to drink cocktails out of teapots (for those of you that have been following my journey will remember the same bar in Sydney).

Needless to say none of us surfaced before lunchtime. Then I decided to have a wander around the shops for some tacky souvenirs, and then it was another night out. I don’t really know where we got them from, but Becky and I spent most of the night in ridiculous hats in World Bar and at some point we lost everyone else so we just danced the night away and then all of sudden the bar was closing. It was 3am, but we weren’t ready to go home yet, so we tried to find somewhere else still open, but it appeared that everywhere had closed. Then we bumped into some guys who where in one of our snowboarding lessons and they were staying at one of the hotels in town, with a bar, so off we went, result!! Not sure what time we got back, but I know the next day I really wish I’d gone home earlier!!!

Sam and I decided to go 10 pin bowling today, but somehow we missed the bus, so ended up wandering around Queenstown again and watching movies, because it started raining. Mustn’t grumble though, we’d had a week of sunshine and we were leaving tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb