The Beginning


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
September 4th 2007
Published: September 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Lake WakatipuLake WakatipuLake Wakatipu

Everywhere you look there's another mountain staring down at you!

We made it!



After 29 hrs of travelling we finally set down in Queenstown, NZ at 3pm (11hrs ahead). The journey was tedious as we had been flying mainly through the night - until we got the internal flight from Auckland. The views from the plane when we reached the south island were phenomonal and we had our own personal guide sitting next to us (a 60ish yo guy who's wife was going shopping so he decided to pop on a plane and go skiing for a few days?!) pointing out all the important mountains/ski fields etc.

When we landed we got the bus to the hostel and had a nap, followed by a nighttime excursion to check out the local waterholes. The highlight of which was drinking vodka redbulls (+tequila!) out of a teapot! Yesterday we went on the luge..basically downhill carting - much fun! And saw a bit of the town trying to get our bearings - we've also booked a few adventures for the next 2 days. We think we're gonna hire a car and drive around NZ- as a lot of places are a bit remote around here..

Hope you are all well..Matt xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

EusomEusom
Eusom

The team mascot taking some respite
The AlpsThe Alps
The Alps

View from the plane!
Proof we made it!Proof we made it!
Proof we made it!

The gardens, where you can play frisbee golf!


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb