Cat's visit


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
June 12th 2007
Published: June 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Cat arrived on Tuesday last week and of course we went out dancing nearly straight away. The next day we walked around town and I showed her the local ice rink. As it turns out they have competitive games every Wednesday. Well that was our night sussed. It was really nice to sit on the bleachers watching people battle over a puck. Reminiscent of the old days when Friday night hockey games were our excuse to stay out past curfew. Of course there were no curfews this time and we left after the second game to wander aimlessly unsure of what to do. Fortunately Steve (one of the boys from down the street) was sitting in his car on the side of the street as we were walking along and he invited us to go up to his house.

On Friday night Anny invited us over to her house for drinks. That was a well extended night where I didn't arrive home until about 7am. We went to Surreal first and they had a very good DJ playing beats that made Cat and I incapable of standing still. When they closed around 4am we went to Subculture where we danced a bit more until they closed at about 6am. Then so pumped up from having an absolutely fantastic night we tried to figure out anything but going home. After standing in the cold for a while, we realized there was nowhere else to go and did wind up going home.

Saturday was a day of rest and on Sunday Cat left to go find work elsewhere. Since then life has gone back to routine. Of course this will surely be changed into a much more productive routine on Monday when I start work. Yes, it is official, I will start work on Monday thankfully.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.6kb