Arriving Queenstown


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
February 4th 2007
Published: February 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

'The Guitar''The Guitar''The Guitar'

Morning splash
Rising bright and early at the hotel in Auckland, myself and Frederik had a brief morning splash in 'the guitar'. Next port of call was Auckland airport to get our internal transfer to Queenstown, south island.

Queenstown greeted us with spectacular scenery not unlike what you might expect of 'the misty mountains'. A short bus ride later and we were right in the midst of the town. Queenstown is a busy kind of place this time of year, teeming with outdoorsy-adrenalin seeking types; and plenty of tourist agencies to service the need.

Mission one was to find a place for the night. After a brief jaunt around town with all our gear we managed to find a place with space and dump all our stuff. Having sorted this, we made for the 'gondola' to ride up to a station on the mountain behind the town, home of 'the luge'. The views of the town and surrounding area were pretty impressive. The Luge itself was much like a scaled-up woodlands ride (Devonian types will appreciate the reference). Myself and Fred tried to avoid crashing and road rage as best we could, I emphasise tried.

The Luge station is also home to Bungy jumping and paragliding. We took a look, but weren't prepared to give it a go, just yet...



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb