Thursday up high again


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Queenstown
December 28th 2017
Published: December 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We went to Skyline


Which means that we queued for a long time before getting on to a Gondola and going up the side of a mountain to where we had a lovely lunch with amazing views and then we caught a chair lift up even higher to where we Luge'd (little speed cart things that wind down tracks around the side of the mountain - suffice to say I was not the best at moderating my speed I osculated between really fast and stop - normally stop on the corners where the 8 year olds overtook me).

Then we came down via the Gondola and went to Patagonia for the hugest ice-cream ever - we both had dark chocolate and macadamia nut and it took nearly 30 mins to eat. Then we went off to make our own bead bracelets in a cute little shop at the back of Queenstown. This took a surprisingly long time - especially as mid way through Toria realised that she had left her phone at the beach - which wasn't there - but a nice man handed it into the police station - crisis averted - what a nice man.

Then we went for drinks and off to 'Devil Burger' which we took to the highest point on the road out of Queenstown and over looking the bay to eat our devil burgers (one veggie and one chicken). They were yummy. Toria said they are better than Fergburger. I have to say they were really really good.

When we came home and met the dog who we took on a mini hike to the bottom of the mountains, round the edge of the river and back. To a wonderful sunset.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb