We're here!!! Too tired to write a bunch, but not too tired to post some photos from our adventures today:
• Guide picked us up at the airport in Christchurch in the morning and we took a nice drive through the Canterbury Plains. Saw tons of sheep!
• Drove through Arthur's Pass National Park and saw stunning views of mountains, lakes and rivers. Had a picnic lunch by a gorgeous lake. The weather was amazing today. Sunny most of the time, very little rain. Took a nice hour-long hike up to see the Devil's Punchbowl waterfall.
• Drove to the West Coast and took tons of photos of scenery along the way, including a stop at an old mining town and a visit with some wild Kea (alpine parrots).
• Arrived in Punakaiki after a fantastic drive by the Tasman Sea. Stopped to check out the Pancake Rocks.
• Final destination: a hostel right on the beach in Punakaiki. Enjoyed a beautiful sunset and cooked pasta for dinner. Now, it's time for bed. We can hear the waves from our room. Great day.
Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 19; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:apollo w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 3;
; mem: 6.3mb