Pancake rocks in Punakaiki


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Punakaiki
April 11th 2010
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Back on the bus after we made our necklaces and stopped in Greymouth which is a where you can take the train over the Arthur Pass to Christchurch. It’s meant to be one of the most scenic train trips in the world. I never did it but maybe I will when my parents come over.

We next went over to Punakaiki to see the Pancake rocks. They are called that because they look like stacks of pancakes. We got there just when the sun was starting to go down so it was very pretty but hard to get good pictures. Probably some of the prettiest coast line I have ever seen.

On our way to Franz Josef our bus decided to start making weird noises and we had to have a mechanic come and look at it but we were back on the road after half an hour. When we got in to Franz Josef we headed to the Glacier hike center first to get all paid up for our hikes the next day and found out what to bring.

Note: Pictures from the Pancake rocks are on the previous blog...oops! And I've added the pictures to the Nelson blog so have a look please!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 21; qc: 75; dbt: 0.1006s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb