Christchurch - End of the road


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago
December 18th 2006
Published: December 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we pick up the story of our two intrepid travellers James and Karen, as they journey up the east coast from Milford Sound.

First stop was the Otago Peninsular next to the scottish city of Dunedin. Pottered about for a while, looking at seals and trying to find some penguins with no luck... had even less luck finding the cricket on! Unbelievably the Kiwi's wanted to watch NZ vs Sri Lanka! Idiots!

So, made a brief stop in Dunedin itself, but figured its just another city, so moved on up the coast to Oamaru, where we stopped off to see the Oamaru Little Blue Penguins come out the water at dusk, and waddle up the beach to their nesting grounds... great fun, watching the little buggers... pure comedy, and you would not believe the noise they make!!!!

Drove on the Christchurch and gave up our travelling companion Big Ahl (the van)... very emotional... big ahl cried... or that might have just been leaking break fluid... who knows!


New Zealand Top 10
==============

1. Skydive - short but incredibly SWEET!!!
2. Milford Sound - breathtaking...
3. Whale/Dolphin spotting at the Bay of Islands - lucky us, got to see a Whale and her baby
4. Rafting - awesome! Top fun, top guide, top day.
5. Hot Water Stream - Free entertainment... see slighty camp pic of James!!
6. Waitomo Black Water Rafting - Great laugh, freezing our arses off in pitch blackness.
7. Fox Glacier - great place, great name, great night out
8. Mudpools and Guesers at Rotorua - stinking great fun...
9. Scenery on road to Queenstown - pretty damn impressive!
10. Big Ahl - Its been a pleasure!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.3kb