On the up!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Otago » Queenstown
May 4th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Its been too long! I loaded these pics weeks ago - and then life took over! Its has been a happier life though, and for that i am glad!

Things have steadily got better since i last ranted - and in less than a week i start working on a real life mountain with snow and everthing!! Cannot wait.

To give you a brief update, and will re-load new pics real soon (promise!) These beauties include a trip to the "8th Wonder of the world" Milford Sound and Fjordland (Beautiful - yes, but 8th wonder???) Some pretty cool activities i managed to scam out of my last few weeks at the Hotel before my conscience won, like jet boating on the Kawarau River and zip wiring, and pics of my new house. Oh and the town drama of the decade (literally) - Lake Wakatipu bursting its banks. By bursting they mean it came over the 1 ft high flood defense wall...... hmmmm, New Zealand is one special place!

Have strangely got used to the cold and am coping with less layers than before - and nearly fully stocked with new board to throw myself off mountains with! The quiet Queenstown is fast becoming crowded with fresh faces, all freezing cold and most unemployed. No houses are available now, and begging is the norm at shop counters for jobs. At least i can feel a little smug now with 2 jobs and a cosy house right in town!! I knew that pain was worth it! We all just sit in wait now for the snow and the annual 30,000 visitors once the ski fields open....

Will be back soon!!

P.S - Congrats to Kath & Darren on a new Baby Girl!! Welcome to this beautiful world Iris Green! X


Additional photos below
Photos: 173, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb