A Chilled out day at Last!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Nelson Region » Kaiteriteri
January 13th 2008
Published: January 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Decided to just basically chill today and pottered around Nelson in the morning and did a wee bit of shopping and grabbed a great lunch!

In the afternoon we drove to the edge of the Abel Tasman National Park - Kaiteriteri and camped right next to the beach.

This place is a beach lovers paradise and we spent the afternoon just paddling around and lazing about on the golden sand. It was a welcome break after the hectic times we have had lately!

Turns out we were camped right next to one of the best seafood restaurants in the region, as recommended by the lonely planet and locals alike!

We were not dissapointed when we settled down for our meal at 8pm looking out too sea, it was fabulous. We had the green lipped mussels and thai fish cakes to start. G especially loved the mussels as my back was turned for a minute and when I turned back he was spooning them down his neck like he hadnt been fed for weeks!

It was a great night - one of those lovely balmy evenings and one bottle of wine led to another and another, and then we chose a cocktail which was recommended and sounded lovely - it was called waterfalls, who could resist? However, it was a bit dissapointing when it arrived it tasted just like deep heat!! ( we still drank it though )

We then grabbed a mini bottle of champagne each for a walk along the beach and a howl at the moon!!!

It was one of those nights that was not intended as we were to have a 7am start the next morning - woooops!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb