Eight Life Changing Lessons I Learned at Mountian Apple Farm


Advertisement
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Motueka
April 30th 2015
Published: May 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

#1 Be part of the family For four weeks, I lived and worked at Mountian Apple Farm as a WWOOFer. WOOFing or World Wide Opportunities On Organic Farms, is a network where individuals volunteer 4-6 hours a day in exchange for learning about organic farming while being provided room and board). My hosts, Barbara and Rob, were so welcoming. They opened their lives to me and made feel at home. I becam... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Juliet Juliet
Juliet

Who needs a door?!
At the MarketAt the Market
At the Market

Me serving Neil :)



24th May 2015

Happiness
Obviously it was a lot of hard work at the farm. An experience you'll never forget though. I so admire your sense of adventure and willingness to labor and learn. Not to mention the people you get to meet along the way. Very happy for you!
24th May 2015
Rockin' the farm life

Says it all
This pic and the expression on your face says it all...no words necessary...yep...other than...great pic!
24th May 2015

Sounds wonderful!
This sounds like a great adventure! You likely meant 'Be a part of the family' for #1 though, as 'being apart' from something is being away from it :)
24th May 2015

Checkin
Hi, Rebecca! I got your post card. Just LOVE reading about your adventure(s)!! We are enjoying a fabulous spring/summer. Salmon not in rivers yet, but soon. My friend Sandra and I are going to take the canoe down the Portage River from Girdwood to the highway (about three hour float. Easy) Keep posting the good times, kiddo! One thing you have correct--live life to its fullest. You're doing great! Peace.
25th May 2015
Helga's daydreaming

Brilliant blog!
I love that you shared your wise, wonderful lessons gained--ones you probably wouldn't have won from any of the fancy NGO positions you'd been hoping for. Congrats on working on your fear of heights--that may come in hands for some Kiwi climbing. I also admire that you're carrying your massage table--rather heavy, but as you say, such a great way to connect, heal and make money. What a rewarding experience and perceptive self-reflection! What will be your next adventure?
29th May 2015

Hello :)
Hey Bekah! Awesome entry :) The farm life sounds so dreamy! I can't even imagine 100 walnut trees! lol. Looking forward to your next post <3
30th May 2015

Life's lessons well worth learning
I've always been a morning person so I enjoyed your comments. Lot of hard work and a wonderful experience. One of life's rich experiences.
1st June 2015

Watch what you say.
I read this to Goldie. She wants to have a word with you. Me? I'm envious of your experience.
1st June 2015

Goldie
I see whose side you are on!
15th June 2015
Riverside

Taking it all in...
I love this photo! Beautiful colours, and how nice to sit back and enjoy the view and ponder life with this in front of you!
24th June 2015

Inspired!
Thank you for eight wonderful lessons. I feel reinvigorated already.
4th October 2015

Green is Beautiful
Thank You Rebekah. I can't remember, when I have ever seen a photograph depicting such a vividly green island, I wish I could be there with you. Now you have received my attention and I am looking forward to your next blog, Sari & I have been to the Hawaiian (3 different islands one each year, and didn't see any thing as gorgeous).

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 29; qc: 114; dbt: 0.1293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb