A 'Sound' Drive...


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
May 22nd 2006
Published: May 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A beautiful trip to Milford Sound



After a few big nights out in Queenstown we (Ally, Tom, George and I) decided to rent out a car, apparently the drive from Te Anau to Milford Sound is one of the best in the world! ...it was!!

It took three hours to reach Te Anau, this is probably the furthest South we'll ever go. It was a beautiful day and the mountainous scenery was stunning. We stayed in a great hostel near lake Te Anau, from here we woke up the next day and headed towards Milford Sound - the drive through snowwy mountains, gorges, valleys, creeks, lakes, forest,etc.. was proper nice!

Milford Sound is the most visited of all New Zealands' Southland fiords, the calm 22km long fiord is surrounded by beautiful scuffed cliffs & peaks. It rains up to 6 meters a year..and it rained whilst we were there too! Milford Sound has a very pre-historic atmosphere, just round the corner was Chasm Walk: here the Claddau river plunges through eroded boulders in a narrow chasm, the rock formations where cool, and so were the waterfalls!

On the way back we played 'Who am I' for three hours...and yes..the team managed to guess my Nicholas Whitchal!! (..not so good at Ben Fogal..or..the Fogalmeister ay guy!!)

Had a wicked day!

Love

Nickoli Von Stroffen & Albert Einstein

xxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

QueenstownQueenstown
Queenstown

schnice!!
Milford Sound 3..Milford Sound 3..
Milford Sound 3..

lush init!!
a Kea!!a Kea!!
a Kea!!

..a noisy irritating bird, one of the most intelligent in the bird world! They like to attack humans!!


Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb