Unearthly


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Milford Sound
January 19th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello Everyone,.

Milford sound was out of this world. Mountains rising straight up out of the water with waterfalls cascading down. The road there was awesome too with lot of cliffs with waterfalls. We took a boat trip around the Sound and it was raining the whole time. But afterall it is a rainforest, with an average of 7 meters a year. (40 inches to a meter, can you figure it out?. Even though it was raining it was still beautiful and without the rain there would not have been so many waterfalls. There was so much greenery and one would expect there to be a scent of pine trees, but pine and fir trees are not native to this country. There were different kinds of beech trees. The mountain meadows were empty of mammals unlike the U.S. We had to stop on the way up for a herd of sheep coming up the road. The typical scene here is of sheep grazing on the steep hillsides. A picture which I failed to get.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Alpine ParrotAlpine Parrot
Alpine Parrot

Looking for a handout. Will eat your car


19th January 2009

Ahh yes the Kia! I have seen them do some very funny things.
19th January 2009

Great!
Love the pictures. Sounds as if you are having fun. Cool weather here in Florida and there are no mountains or waterfalls.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb