millford sound


Advertisement
Published: May 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so after very little sleep due to a crazy night out with everyone i had randomly bumped int o that day we made our way downto millford sound for the day!

it was about a 3 and a half hour journey and was the craziest road i have ever been on!
as we got closer to millfird sounds we found there was a massive mountain stopping us in our tracks! to get through it there was this massive tunnel straight through the middle of it in which you had to wait for the traffic lights to change for 15mins before you could get through! the tunnel itself did not look stable in the least and was pretty freaky!
the other side of the tunnel was a massive downhill stretch with 90 deg corners so we had to put the breaks on most of the way down. poor general coulndt handle it and we smelt this burnign smell. looked out the window and there was smoke poring our of the breaks haha! we hads to pull; over and wait for them to cool down. as we were in the layby another camper came hurtling down the hil we exactly the same problem, it was so funny!

so when we finally made it to millford sounds we saw what all the fuss was about. the place is so beautiful! there are these massive cliff things everywhere and so tall. i coulndt gt my head around how big they were!
there were waterfalls falling from the top of them everywhere and sun shining through the gaps in the mountains.

we went on a cruise along the river/sea there which toured you aroudn all the best spots. we got to see seals chilling on the rocks and a few other cool things. but all in all i came to the conclusion that this place totally gave me the creeps. it was such an eary place. there was literally nothing for miles and the only way back to civilisation was back through that crazy tunnel, and well if that collapsed (i kept thinking of that episode os casualty) you were screwed! you would have been left to rot! And well when it got dark i freaked out even more, i half expected crazy red indians to come charging over the cliffs or something! although veyr beautiful i was pretty glad to back on the other side of that tunnel and remothley near civilisation that evening!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb