Penultament day in New Zealand


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Marlborough » Picton
February 16th 2005
Published: February 16th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Another lovely day in New Zealand, Picton is a small sea-side town, it's main purpose is that it's the ferry port to Wellington I guess but it's no Rosyth, it's full of nice boats and small yachts, picturesque vila's on the front and a street of nice cafe's and local shops.

After more than 4 weeks of on the road travel we're knackered and looking forward to a rest in Fiji, we've decided to spend 18 nights there now and the plan is to do as little as possible, sind a nice wee beach lie in the sun, catch up on some reading and defo no driving. Sure we'll go on day trips and I'm looking forward to a spot of line fishing but resting the bones is the order of the day, or even fortnight.

It may sound like a cheek that we need a break as we've been on 'holiday' for two months but I'm telling you it takes a lot out of you, granted I wouldn't swap places with any of you and that lovely 'spring' weather you're having but it isn't an normal holiday, the heat, the distances, the driving all while trying to see
Our ferryOur ferryOur ferry

or one that looks like it at least, at Picton harbour
as much as possible in the short time that we're in each place, it all adds up.

I appreciate that your collective hearts are breaking for us and don't get me wrong, we're having a ball but at the same time looking forward to having nothing to write about for a couple of weeks. On March the 8th we're back on the road again, we've settled on a plan of attack for Australia and land in Sydney for 1 week before heading over to the West Coast and Perth, for 2 months. Here we'll (hopefuly) find work and a flat while we mix with the locals.

We then plan to travel up the West Coast for a month before heading back East to Cairns for a 2 month jaunt down the east Coast, we'll hopefully have a couple of weeks left to visit Victoria and South Australia before leaving the land down under from Sydney on August 31st, destination South Korea, where the adventure truly begins...........


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0274s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb