Karaoke in Makarora


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Makarora
April 13th 2010
Published: May 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I AM SO SORE!!!!! My body has never hurt this much in my entire life!!! It hurts to sit down, hurts to stand up, hurts to walk. WOW! It’s pouring rain outside which is does 2 out of every 3 days here in Franz Josef. We were meant to stop at Lake Matheson on our way today but no go with the rain. Lake Matheson is also known as Mirror Lake and the mountains reflect in the lake like a mirror but when it rains it’s not so much a mirror anymore.

Pictures

We stopped at a couple of waterfalls but it was raining so hard I didn’t get any good pictures. Our bus got stuck for a while as there was an accident up ahead of us. So we watched The World’s Fastest Indian. It’s a movie about a New Zealand guy from Invercargill who back in the 1940’s or 50’s went to the States to race his motorcycle and beat the world record. It’s quite a good movie.

We got in to Makarora in the afternoon and got set up in our little A frame huts which were so cool! We played some international Uno and i’ve learnt some really awesome and fun new rules! Ate some dinner and then headed down to the pub a the campground for some karaoke. Markarora isn’t really a town but it’s a campground. They have a little store and restaurant and pub all in one building and then all these little A frame huts you sleep in or you can camp.

Me and a couple of the girls sang a few songs. It was a really entertaining night and just about everyone sang so that was really cool. It was pitch black out when we went back and it’s like a maze but we eventually found our little hut.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb