Makarora!


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Makarora
January 20th 2009
Published: January 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone!!

This one is going to have to be super duper quick because i really need to get to the airport soon!

The next day we left Franz Josef and headed towards Makarora where we were to stay the night! On the way we stopped off a few interesting places for once.... the Fox Glacier, the mirror lake near Mt Cook and then a beautiful clear, but freezing river, where the brave ones had a swim! The drive wasnt pleasant though as for the second or third day the airconditioning wasnt working and it was soooo hot!! Although that made us appreciate our water stops a lot more.... although a couple of days earlier, i cant remember when and where, we ended up swimming in a river with lots of animal deposits (if you know what i mean....!) just because we were sooooo hot!!

That evening when we got to Makarora, most people went jet boating including everyone from our little group, but for once i didnt give in to the peer pressure to go too just so we could do everything together because it was quite expensive and i just thought it was time to start saying no to a few activitives because NZ has been soooo expensive!! :o( That evening us girls cooked a stir fry for our little group and then headed over to the pub where we were having Stray karaoke! I said i wasnt going to sing, because i know im no kylie, but we all ended up getting pressured into it anyway and i did quite a few duets with Lisa, including a very dramatic version of Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart and we did a few group songs as well! I ended up winning the prize (not because i was good.... but just because my name was drawn out of the hat!) which was a canyoning day in Queenstown which i unfortunately never got to do because we werent there for long enough and i wanted to do a bungy jump instead!! But it was a really fun night! :o)

OK quickly going to add some photos and then rush off to the airport! I will try and do the rest of my blogs for NZ as soon as possible as im sure things will be just as hectic in OZ so i dont want to get too far behind!! I get to Melbourne at 8pm tonight and Greg is coming to meet me at the airport (he flew yesterday!) where we are being picked up by one of my mums best friends who lives a few hours outside of Melbourne! So we are going to stay with her for a few days before heading to Melbourne city centre for a few days and then up to Sydney for Australia day! Lisa and Chantal, 2 girls from our little Stray group, will also be there so it will be nice to meet up with them too! Then Greg and I are heading up the East coast and planning on becoming surfing pros! :o)

Hope your all great and im really sorry that i have hardly been in touch with anyone the last few weeks! I have been having an amazing time on the Stray bus but it really has been ridiculously hectic with lots of late nights and early starts and not much free time on the internet!! So sorry!! :o( Miss you all lots though and thinking of u all! :o)

Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb