Lake Tekapo


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Tekapo
February 9th 2008
Published: February 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Lake PukakiLake PukakiLake Pukaki

Looks much more impressive when its sunny
The 3 musketeers never would have got away with all the stuff that we have. Jammed in......if you were thumbing on the side of the road, your thumbs-up would have been wasted on us. Lake Tekapo was our first stop. Overnight only. It's funny how accustomed you become to moving form place-to-place daily & making yourself at home. First you look at the kitchen to see if there are any spices, tea or free stuff, then check out the bathrooms to rate the facilities & the risk of catching something & finally surveying the sleeping quaters to decide if you should wait to go to bed until it's absolutely necessary! Anyway this is how we live now & it's only when you meet people from the real world like Grace's boyfriend who find it a bit strange that you realise how different life has become. A nomad. Except I don't have to kill for food.

We stayed in Tekapo for the night. I walked along the lake-side, around Mount John but it was overcast so it wasn't as impressive as it can be when the sun shines. It is a beautiful spot & would be lovely in the winter with
:):):)

Lake Tekapo
the snow on the mountains & the wooden cabins dotted on the roadside. There isn't a whole lot there except for a few shops & restaurants. Bus-loads of Asian tourists stop by, mostly Japanese & some Koreans too. And they're probably taking a photo of the petrol-pumps or rubbish bins because there isn't enough natural splendour around them??? It's strange....I take a lot of photos but I'd say that some tourists document every waking & sleeping moment of their trip, the beautiful & the mundane.....yeah bins. Don't understand...it's obviously a cultural difference.

Have to mention the pizza there.....gourmet & delicious. It's a must-do for Tekapo.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0203s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb