Mahinapua - Franz Josef


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Mahinapuha
April 17th 2009
Published: April 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Everybody a fiar bit worse for wear when we got up this morning. We all piled onto the bus in the RAIN! not a nice day. We stopped off at the Bushmans Centre for an insight into how the kiwis controlled the deer population that the Brits introduced' they jumped out of a helicopter, and wretled the der to the ground! Marvellous! Had a rather gross breakfast and then i made verybody morning by tripping over the bench and totally wiping out on the ground! grrrrr.

BAck on the bus and passed lots of Kettle lakes (Glaciers retreat, leaving rocks of ice which then melt, forming big deep lakes), they were all looking very full and the rivers were totally swollen, JB had never seen rain like it along here! We arrived into Franz Josef, all a bit glum as the chances of our Heli Hike/hikes the day after were looking very slim. HAd a nice evening in the pub, had a yum dinner, margaret and i shared 3 puddings between the 2 of us! :-0 I got cajooled into joining the horse race (piggy back race involving obstacles and drinking!) we came 2nd which i thought was quite a good effort.

We all crashed out relatively early, poor margaret got the shock of her life when she went to the toilet and saw a very naked person sprinting past to retrieve his clothes! Very funny (it was a punishment for his antics the night before last! Bad times!

We have another night in Franz Josef so fingers crossed we'l; get up onto the Glacier Tomorrow; its like the top rated things to do in New Zealand so i want to get up there!

ope the spelling isnt too horrific on these blogs, im writing quickly whilst singing and dancing to music :-)


Advertisement



19th April 2009

:D:D:D:D
19th April 2009

...
:D:D:D:D
24th April 2009

Thanks for the link!!!
OMG Soph!! We have just read all your blogs and gotten caught up on your adventures!! Morwynna says, "I would really like to swim with the fish and the dolphins! We love you and miss you!" :)

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb