LAKE MAHINAPUA


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Lake Mahinapuha
February 14th 2009
Published: February 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Valentines Day!!

After a good nights sleep we were all seriously excited about leaving Nelson, it was nice to stay somewhere for a bit but it was good to move on somewhere different. Tonight we would be going to Lake Mahinapua and staying at the 'POO PUB' for a bit party night and group meal cooked by the drivers. The pub is owned by the oldest publican in the whole of new Zealand- he is 84! A pretty amazing man! On the way to Lake Mahinapua we stopped of at Nelson Lakes National Park which is directly on a fault line where we were given the opportunity to swim in a thermal lake which was so cool as there were random warm spots, but it was pretty freezing!! We did jumps off the jetty, we were all a bit sad as our new Danish friends coul not get on the bus, but hopefully they'll catch up with us.

The theme for the poo pub party was saints and sinners being valentines day so Em, kate and I decided to go at Dalas' angels (the name of our driver!!) On the way over to the Lake we stopped in the town of Greymouth where we had one hour to go shopping for costumes, we bought bin bags to make dresses, coat hangers, foil and feathers for the wings! We looked pretty cool!! The night was awesome, the drivers cooked us the nicest meal- venison stew, steak, potatoes, coleslaw- only for $10!! Amazing. An awesome night was had by all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb