Heaphy Track: Crossing the Red Sea with Moses no where to be found.


Advertisement
Published: July 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

"Oughhhhhh." I exhaled in unrelenting disgust. "It smells like a dead body..." I plopped my pack down on the nearby picnic table and vigorously scanned my surroundings. The open area was the length and shape of a skating rink. A brush line of palms, rata trees, and ferns rimmed a grassy lawn so immaculate any suburban homeowner would kill for. The Heaphy Hut stood on the far side of this manmade ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

And around this corner...And around this corner...
And around this corner...

Another magnificent tree!
FYIFYI
FYI

Back at the beginning of the trail...
FlaxFlax
Flax

At the start of the Heaphy



19th July 2015

Kahurangi
What a beautiful part of the World Bekah. I expected grey sand but your pic of Scotts Beach it is yellow. And no bug spray!!! I thought it was obligatory on the West Coast to escape the kamakase dive bombers a.k.a. NZ sandflies or is that only further South or seasonal? Paradise always needs something to keep the hordes away or it wouldn't be Paradise!
19th July 2015
One Person Bridge

An adventure out of time
Majestic scenery, exotic wildlife, silence and spiritual renewal, luxury, death, fabulous bridges, friends new and old, and an unexpected, sloshy adventure--fantastic! I hiked where Jurassic Park was filmed on the Na Pali trail on Kauai--also in a black plastic garbage bag. Intrepid trekkers won't be stopped by a little rain!
20th July 2015

To My Oldest Adenturous Grand Daughter
This is the best blog entry I have ever seen you write. The photos are outstanding, colorful, and interesting. It makes feel like I have been with you on your trek. This one will be hard to top. Keep up the good work. Who would have ever thought the when you were a little girl in Eureka, CA that you would become our world traveler.
20th July 2015

Wonderful bush adventures in the Juarrasic forest
Thanks again for your lovely read. I was transported again into the ancient forest and quite forgot about the work I have today. Now back to it, but just for a little while I wasn't in front of my computer and working. Thank you!
20th July 2015

Beautiful, once again.
So is it a single person bridge because you have to cross single file or is only one person allowed on at a time? I love this post and it made me laugh out loud about that poor girl Amanda. I can empathize with her greatly. :) You're fun but also precarious to adventure with.
24th July 2015

Thanks again. I feel like I hiked right along with you. Except, I felt more scared than you did. And my feet hurt more. And... And... And. R
4th August 2015

Awesomeness
Great Post Bekah. I absolutely loved reading it and found myself wishing I were hiking with you in the New Zealand wilderness. It sounds exciting and raw. (Okay so maybe I just want to do henna tattoos? Lol) Love the detour bit hahaha! Love you and miss you!

Tot: 0.24s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 23; qc: 95; dbt: 0.1093s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb