Pool, Scots and Sea Lions


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Invercargill
March 21st 2009
Published: March 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey hey guys!

Well I made it all the way to Invercargill via Queenstown and Dunedin - Queenstown was interesting, it is a mega extreme sports place and having just arrived there on thursday i wasn't really up for that so there isnt much to do and i didnt know anyone at all so a pretty quiet day - i found somewhere lovely to eat my lunch and caught up on some adminy things.
Friday saw the start of my Bottom Bus tour, on the bus i met two guys - Andy from Devon and Scot from Scotland (Awesome i know)and we spent the entire day chatting, Andy is a DJ and therefore has a wonderful appreciation for music!
Our driver Rob drove us to Dunedin (the Edinburgh of the South - Dunedin is in fact the old Gaelic for Edinburgh!) via various places on the way but the drive isn't that interesting - mainly a lot of rocks... (cool rocks though)
Once in Dunedin we checked into our hostel and headed over to the Cadbury factory for a tour where I ended up with loads of free chocolate because i kept answering questions correctly 😊
After dinner in an irish pub in the centre of Dunedin, the guys and I went back to the hostel which happens to be attached to a massive pool bar - several hours later we were still playing and I was proving that i have absolutely no skill when it comes to Pool simply a lot of dumb luck! the night continued with a bar crawl culminating in trying to find an internet cafe at two in the morning to look up bus times to see if it was feasable to stay in Dunedin another night and still be able to get to Invercargill early on Sunday morning to catch the Kiwi Bus - it wasnt though and so at 7.45 this morning I said goodbye to Andy and scot who were staying another two nights to watch the Highlanders/ cheetahs game today and got on the bus to Invercargill! The day was a bit rainy to start with but improved as it went on and we saw some beautiful scenery, waterfalls, beaches, sea lions etc. Having just arrived at my hostel in Invercargill, Laura (a dutch girl on the bus) another Dutch girl who's name i have unfortunately forgotten and myself are about to head off to the supermarket to find some food for dinner.

Tomorrow we are heading off to Te Anau via Riverton and McCracken's rest, so it should be another good day!

Love to all and see you soon xxxx

Advertisement



21st March 2009

Yay!
I'm glad you're having fun! and that you've made friends with some dutch girls.. they're the best kind to make friends with is my completely unbiased opinion... I'm going to the cadbury's chocolate factory with school soooon! we match :D

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1016.1kb