Lamb feeding in Invercargill


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Invercargill
September 14th 2008
Published: September 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 528 (7.9.08)

Continuing on our journey south today we left Te Anau and were heading for Invercargill. We made a brief stop at Lake Manapouri but decided it was too cold for much of a walk and were soon back in the warmth of the vans!

We visited the Rakatu Wetlands but although there was a fair amount of birdlife there the viewpoint was a little far away to give a really good idea of what was going on.

After another quick stop at Clifden Suspension Bridge (suspiciously similar, if a lot smaller, to one of a very similar name) we lunched at McCracken’s Rest with great views out to sea but probably our coldest picnic yet.

We completed the drive to Invercargill and were pleased to discover the Lorneville Holiday Park set on a small working farm. Jean and Mike booked into a caravan there and we went for a wander around the farm checking out the sheep and lambs (it’s lambing season here at the moment), the old shearing shed now turned into a quirky games room, and purchasing some fresh hens eggs from the friendly and hugely accommodating hosts. The absolute highlight of the day though was when we were able to help bottle-feed an orphaned lamb his dinner - so cute!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb