NZ update


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hokitika
February 12th 2007
Published: February 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello everyone

So, i figured that i've not done a blog in a long time so, i ought to do one now so you guys have a clue where i am.

So, i'm in hokitika which is a small town which doesn't have much going for it apart from Jade... and to be honest i'm not sure thats a good thing.... its Green, who wants to wear green round their neck? well the answer is a whole heap of people obviously cos there are heaps of shops here. I guess it'd be a good place to come to buy people green for christmas. They first found jade when looking for gold which reminds me of Blackadder when percy tries out alchemy and creates "a nugget of purest green" but whatever if you like jade then this is the place to come you can even carve out your own in to pretty shapes but, i've decided that i won't bother mainly cos i don't have time btu also because i know that it'll look pretty aweful if i tried it. So, i leave here at 3 this afternoon to head to some proper stuff... big huge glacier type stuff.. which should be pretty sweet then tomorrow i climb aroud on the frans joseph glacier for 8 hours or so, then the day after i head back up to greymouth for a day before taking the trans alpine train across to christchurch.. well that it the plan really should book it all up.

So since the last blog i was in wellington for 2 days wellington is a pretty cool place... heaps of cafe's and stuff..and a museam or 2 as well oh and parliment i only saw the main museam but there are heaps of others about, then i took the ferry across to picton in the south island... the ferry journey is mighty impressive viewing... gong thru small (for a big huge ferry) gaps inbetween teh land that sticks out... (they probably have a name) but yer so that was impressive on a ferry through the malrbrough sounds. In picton there were so many walkers... now... i don't get walkers... i understand goign on a little walk for a few hours... fine, especially in NZ... but i don't understand why you'd take your pack, and food and stuff and walk for a week when you can take a boat and then climb up to the top of teh hill and be back for tea... it just seems like way to much hard work to me plus... chances are beacuse its NZ it'll be raining so, you'll have come all to NZ to walk in the rain and not be able to see anything.


yer so picton, i climed up to the top of a hill and saw a pretty view took a photo and went back to the hostel and camped out in the TV room to watch teh cricket... we won and I had a great evening because of it... and to think i could have missed it all to be miles away.

So then on to Nelson where i stayed in a hostel which seemed to be full of old people... which i don't quite get as i would have thought that when you get old the idea of staying in a youth hostel wouldn't quite appeal so much but, these guys seemed happy.. Nelson it self was a pretty nice place... so it was good to be there and look around, then i came from there to here through some just amazing scenery was a pitty that i was on a coach as it would have been nice to stop along the way and look at some of the stuff more... problem would have been with that is that i'd not have got very far as i'd have stopped every few miles. The road made teh road to sizewell look straight, but, it was pretty impressive to have built a road at all in most of the places as it was attached to the side of a mountain/hill.

Ne who so thats teh last few weeks acording to richy.

Oh plus before i went to wellington, me Joy and Lauren( Joys friend from from Canada) stayed at friends of laurens grandparents who just happened to be 2of the nicest people going and have one of the nicest houses going... so when we turned up looked inside we all felt rather out of place... but, because we don't often stay in places that are as big or as nice they had a towell warmer... and a bath big enough for a small country so it would have been nice to stay there longer.

Yer Enjoy Hopefully i'll update you of my adventures slightly sooner that since the last time.

Rich

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1921s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb