Hanmer Springs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
December 7th 2012
Published: December 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Morning started well though Steve did wake up eventually! Yummy breakfast of scrambled eggs then got on the walking boots for a tramp. We walked up conical hill to see some views. A beautiful zig-zag route through heavily forested slopes ( with plenty of stopping places) and chatted to various people on the way. Fabulous views from the top with an impressive mountain range and valleys below. We took a different route back which started through the forest then meandered its way down to open grassland with marshes at one side which eventually became lakes. The views of the yellow broome were stunning and even though its not native, as we have been told, it looks beautiful.

Reached the town by 1 and we stopped for our first NZ meat pie and it was yummy! Did some shopping then went went back to our little home and relaxed then headed down to the springs by four and by which time it was raining still its the best place to be in the rain. It's all open air pools and spas heated by geothermal activity. A couple of ladies asked Steve if he had the time and Steve said if they had the money which luckily raised a laugh. Beautifully warm in the pools and some had jets that helped with Steves shoulder. A lovely way to spend a wet afternoon.

The rain did ease up a bit but we took a takeaway pizza back to the chalet watched a film and snuggled up as it was such a cold night!

Forgot to mention the sound of the birdsong and amazingly fresh air we slept so peacefully


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb