hanmer springs


Advertisement
New Zealand's flag
Oceania » New Zealand » South Island » Hanmer Springs
December 13th 2005
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

12.12.05
Today after breakfast we played some more table tennis because it is raining again as it has been for the last few days, and then drove into town and went on the net. We had another e-mail from the person interested in our van and it's looking promising.
In the afternoon we went to the Hanmer Springs Thermal Reserve. These are pools with natural hot water with various minerals and temperatures but set in an unnatural, touristy scene. They were all outside in the rain, but it was still good. They had pools ranging from 30 degrees to 41. The water actually comes out of the ground at 54 degrees before it's cooled down and filtered through earth. It cost $10pp for as long as you wanted, we had a couple of hours. They had some sulphur pools, which were hot and smelly!

We went back and played table tennis and made pancakes.

13.12.05
We went into town and checked our e-mails. We had a couple of people interested in our van, so that's good but no definates yet.
Then we drove to Christchurch through some nice scenery. Booked into a site and then had a walk around the city.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 30; qc: 138; dbt: 0.1356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb